Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Energy Project Presentation!

Here it is! After collecting data, putting it into Excel, analyzing it, making a PowerPoint, and doing a presentation, you finally get to see it ALL. If you are interested in the advantages and disadvantages of switching from incandescent to fluorescent bulbs, you should check this out! Click here to see the presentation!


Presentation Review

It is an odd thing watching yourself present. How you picture yourself is nothing like what you really look like. Things you think you are doing well look bad, and then there are the things you have no idea you do. After looking at the presentation of Melissa and myself I took some notes on my strengths and weaknesses. Here it is:

Weaknesses:
One of the first things I noticed was how I didn’t have any emotion during the presentation. It doesn’t even look like I am remotely interested in what I am doing. Second I don’t look like I know what I am talking about. I read off the screen a lot and it seems that I am just reading what someone else wrote rather then talking about a project that I did. When I was talking about the graphs and other things I just stood in one place, I should have moved and pointed to what I was talking about. I shouldn’t assume that a viewer knows what everything means, especially when the graphs were only up for a short time. My body seemed very stiff and conveyed a lack of interest and comfort with what I was doing.

Strengths:
My words seem to flow pretty well together. There were only a few times that I stumbled over my words or needed a second to think about what I was saying.

How could this be better?
Add life to the presentation! Make it fun and something I would want to watch. It seemed like just a bunch of data and didn’t really seem like something an average person would want to see. I also need to add enthusiasm to the way I talk. Especially when presenting to students I need to make sure I am lively in the way I talk. If I don’t sound interested why would they be?

No comments: