Sunday, October 5, 2008

Energy Conservation Project

Everyone is telling me if I use fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent I will save lots of energy. Well I think I will find out for myself. In order to do this I will first need to know how much energy a fluorescent and incandescent bulb uses. Then I will gather data from my house for one week to see just how long each light is used. This can be done pretty effortlessly by just writing down how much time each light is left on.

Using Excel this data can be entered and compared and I can find out not only how much energy I would save, but money too. Once the sheet is set up numbers can also be manipulated to extrapolate data for different seasons, or assuming different circumstances. Other people could also change the amount of light bulbs and house to see how much they could save.

No comments: